This well established and popular community fun event is the major fundraiser for Whangarei Heads School & Community Library.
The event includes:
- Funky Fishing & Diving Competition - with over $20,000 worth of prizes up for grabs, fishing & diving categories & 3 age categories for all including spot prizes. Fishing starts 3 pm Sat 17th April, closes 2.30 pm Sun 18th April.
- Taurikura Bay Family Fun Event Site open 11 am-6 pm Sun 18th April 2021
- Fish Comp Weigh-in 11 am to 2.30 pm
- Public Fresh Fish Auction from 3 pm on Sun 18th April
- Prize Giving starts at 3.30 pm Sun 18th April
- Food & Refreshments - licenced bar from 11 am -6 pm Sun 18th April
- Entertainment - live music 12-3 pm
- Kids Fun Activities all day from 11 am
- Kids Colouring Competition
- Grand Prize Draw (all adult ticket holders, must be present at draw to win) 5 pm win a Kayak fishing package thanks to Bayleys Real Estate
- Mystery Weight Snapper Prize - Win a days fishing with 4 mates or family on the famous Alma G out of the Bay of Islands thanks to Adventure HQ
Go to the Funky Fishing website or Facebook page for latest news, rules and developments.
Don't forget to get your tickets.