The 101 on choosing and riding a bike with confidence while looking fabulous.
Calling all self-identifying women and their supporters who are curious about how to find a bike that is right for you.
Our presentation at Ecomatters Bike Hub in New Lynn will give you information on what bike to buy...
- Step through vs other frames, what they are and why it matters.
- What maintenance to expect, and yes you should blow your tyres up regularly.
- Where to look and how to purchase safely.
While that covers the basic's there is a myriad of information that goes with riding a bike...
- Panniers, baskets, parcel trays, how they work and what to pick
- Ways to manage riding a bike in a skirt, from stopping it blowing up to keeping it out of the chain
- How to manage riding if it rains - fashion wet weather gear, reserve wet weather kit.
- Footwear, riding a bike doesn’t have to mean the end of heels
New or experienced riders are invited to join us for the Bike Hub info session followed by the fabulous recycled fashion tips and tricks in the Ecomatters Kowhai room while enjoying yummy refreshments.
Thanks to the support of Auckland Transport's - Sustainable Mobility Team.
Partnering with local businesses:
- Go Jo Recycled Store - An emporium of Retro & Vintage clothing
- Two Treats Catering