Art & Tea - Seniors - Highbury House
Fortnightly on Monday, 11am-12pm
Art & Tea is a workshop which allows Seniors to get involved in Art projects and practices of Mindfulness. The intention of these sessions is to offer a creative way to connect with others, reducing the feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Therapeutic Art supports us to express ourselves and communicate with others providing a visual means of communication.
We strongly believe that art and mindfulness are vehicles for meditation and self-connection that can help us to be steady and centred.
Anyone can enjoy the benefits of making art.
No knowledge or prior skills surrounding art is required to start.
Switch off any negative influences to embrace your inner creative voice.
• 60 minutes session divided into welcome, discovering activities, sharing and farewell.
• All the art equipment is provided (material to draw or paint on and tools to draw with).
• Improves self-esteem
• Increases self-awareness
• Reduces stress and anxiety
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Date: Monday Fortnightly - Starting from 21st June
• Time: 11am-12pm
• Arrival Time: We recommend arriving at least 10 minutes prior the event starts.
• Address: Highbury House - 110 Hinemoa Street, Birkenhead, Auckland 0626
Entry fee $10 per person
To register firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited to 8 people
• 21 June
• 5 July
• 19 July
• 2 August
• 16 August
• 30 August
Art Yoga is a holistic project based on an artistic and meditational path that incorporates colours and music to guide you towards a deep reflection and discovery of yourself.
It encourages everyone to create art that expresses your inner world more than something that can be an expression of the outer world.