Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
Presenter: Nats Subramanian
India is a country that is united by its diversity. The geography, culture, religion, food, arts and architecture - every aspect is different as one travels from North to South, East to West. This course is ideal for those with a curiosity and passion for India or for those considering travelling to India.
- Learn how different India is geographically
- Learn about different religious beliefs, customs, festivals
- Learn about different styles of Indian art and architecture
- Learn why Indian food is more than just curry
- Learn about the political system of India
- Glean some travel tips from an expert
My passion is travel, culture and, more importantly, people. With a background in IT Management, my wife Uma and I now run a travel business showcasing India. I have escorted guests, guided them and shared my knowledge of my home country, culture and heritage. Join me in this enjoyable armchair journey to learn about this nation of 1.2 billion people.
The course will take a break at lunchtime. We encourage participants to bring a sandwich and stay at Selwyn College to meet others in the community also attending courses.
Our Mission: To provide quality adult and life long learning opportunities which empower individuals in their personal lives and as members of society.