What was for many years a derelict neglected barn in Tauranga’s Historic Village is now a vibrant and eclectic art space.
In October 2013 The Incubator was launched and so began the unprecedented growth of a vibrant arts movement. The incubator is an ever-evolving community of creative hands on volunteers working to enrich and refresh the arts culture within the Bay of Plenty.
We know without a doubt that art is empowering for the mind, body and soul. It is a universal language that connects the community.
The Incubator is a unique venue for a wide spectrum of arts and events. It also provides a dynamic and holistic network to motivate, inspire and teach.
The Incubator Creative Hub is currently made up of 6 creative spaces:
- The Incubator Gallery & Studios (The big red barn)
- The Artery - Art Learning Space
- The Jam Factory - Music Platform
- The People's Gallery - Toi Ka Rere
- Satellite Studios - Artist Exchange & Open Studios
- Okorore- Ngā Toi Māori Gallery & Studios
The Incubator Gallery Regular Opening Hours:
9am - 4pm Weekdays
10am - 2pm Saturdays