In 1906 a piece of land was bought in Calliope Road, Devonport, for £125 so that a "mission hall" could be erected. This property was sold in 1911 for £600 and the present site at 95 Calliope Road was purchased.
In 1911 when a new Church Hall was built at Holy Trinity in Church Street, the old 1865 church building was moved to Calliope Road and used as a Mission Church for the Stanley Bay area.
This was a distance in those days, but is only 1.3 kms from Holy Trinity. The present brick Church of St. Augustine was built in 1930 in memory of those who gave their lives in the Great War of 1914-1918, and the existing wooden church was then (and still is) put to use as a Church Hall. St. Augustine’s seats about 80 comfortably and is the only church in the Stanley Bay area of Devonport. It is named after St. Augustine's of Canterbury. St. Augustine's is available for weddings and funerals.