Yay, we're back to laughing together ... in person! Come along! Only $3.
Laughter is the body's natural antidote to stress. Laughter Yoga employs no humour, jokes or comedy and participants are invited to laugh for no reason at all. Anyone can do it. Here are a few
What is it?
Laughter is an approached form of exercise. The group makes eye contact while taking part in a series of playful laughter exercises, including breathing and gentle stretching.
After a short while the laughter becomes infectious and genuine. Whether fake or genuine, laughter has measurable psychological and physiological benefits and it's fun and a little bit crazy.
Here are a few more health benefits of laughter:
- Brain and body is flooded with oxygen
- Muscles relax
- Circulation is increased
- Killer T Cell production is increased
- Immune system is stimulated
- Internal organs are given a massage
- Respiratory system is cleaned out
- Cardiovascular workout
- Blood pressure returns to normal
- Endorphin and serotonin levels increase, cortisol and adrenalin levels (stress hormones) decrease