Term 2 art classes & after-school care for children who like to make, create and invent. Located in Raumati, Paraparaumu - Kapiti.
For ages 5-12 on Tues, Wed and Thurs. The kid's art classes are from 3.30 - 5 pm, however, children can arrive from 3 pm onwards. There is a late-stay option until 6.30 pm, so the classes can extend as an after-school programme.
- Tuesdays (7 weeks) - Paint, Print & Sew
- Wednesdays (7 weeks) - Drawing & Painting
- Thursdays (7 weeks) - Clay & Sculpture
Children can attend for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, or any combination. Online booking allows for multiple or single-day registration, as well as later changing days. Payment by credit card has no additional fees.
- Qualified primary teacher and artist
- 17 years experience teaching art to primary-aged children
- Progressive teaching methods
- Lessons based on traditional and modern arts/crafts, developing skills & creativity
- Structured, but in a home-studio setting
- Daily or weekly themes
- A child-friendly, relaxed environment for after-school
- Lots of variety/choice
- Excellent resources
The classes provide an opportunity to play and experiment in a structured but caring, home-studio environment.
Activities are designed and supervised by an experienced primary school teacher and artist.
To meet the needs of active and curious children after school we explore a variety of crafts such as sewing, crochet, pottery, felting, weaving, jewellery and woodwork; and the art forms: painting, drawing, sculpting and printmaking.
The activities utilise a child's growing mathematical skills such as estimating, measuring, scaling up & down, changing 2D to 3D, exploring symmetry, and pattern-making. Natural sciences, such as chemistry, biology, geology and physics are included, as well as history and culture.
Experiments and activities:
- Experiment with colour and creative ways of using paint
- Create with clay & natural materials
- Construct with recyclables
- Engineer and test adhesive methods and materials
- Learning to trust their creative process
See photos on the website. Contact Helen with any questions.