Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
This course is tutored by Lisa Hansby and runs 9:30 - 11:30 AM on Sunday 19 September 2021.
Join Lisa for a motivational workshop with lots of practical ideas on how to reduce waste at home. Solutions for plastic free shopping, food storage, dealing with waste, managing gifts, clearing clutter and simplifying life.
- The size of the waste issue in NZ
- Examine what comes into your home - mail, groceries, kids' stuff, gifts, freebies, shopping and consumer items.
- What actions you can take right now?
- Simplify your home
- Making greener choices
- Experiences vs stuff
- Dealing with plastics
- Shopping for clothing, children and home
- Living local
- Gifts and celebrations
- Intro to minimalism & KonMari method
- Health and wellbeing benefits of a low waste lifestyle
- Intro to Composting, Bokashi & Worm Farms
Who should attend this course? Everyone! Our waste has a huge impact whether your family is big or small we all have to take responsibility and make changes to our lifestyle.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.