The Holidays Act is the piece of employment legislation that attracts the most enquirers for advice and interpretation.
In many respects, it is difficult to manage because the law was not planned with the diversity of workplaces and flexible workplace practices in mind.
- The Holidays Act and its administration.
- The role of Ministry of Business Innovation Employment and penalties.
- Annual holiday entitlement and payment calculations.
- What is the effect of a person changing their hours of work?
- Annual holidays in advance of entitlement and payment requirements.
- Sick leave entitlements (including medical certificate application).
- Bereavement leave entitlements.
- The process to be followed when an employee is on annual holidays or public holiday and is sick, injured or suffers a bereavement.
- Public holidays and alternative time off for working on a public holiday.
- The annual holiday process when an organisation has a 'close down'.
- Cashing up part of an annual leave entitlement.
- Final pay calculations.
- Holiday pay for a person who has returned from a period of parental leave.
- Holiday and leave record keeping.
Your Learning Outcomes:
Afterwards, you'll be able to…
Understand what the law requires
Provide suggestions and ideas for the effective management of holidays in the workplace
Review your workplace systems and processes to ensure best practice
Implement strategies for managing the administration of leave
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea.
To find out more contact - email@example.com.