If you only want to join one photography tour this year and haven’t been to the Chatham Island, then this is the one for you, best of all if you have a drone we have permission to use at most locations.
Come join Lesley as she leads a group of 10 women exploring the amazing windswept Chatham Island over three full days.
This tour is fully inclusive of return airfares to Chatham Islands (departing Wellington and returning to Christchurch), fully breakfast, lunch and dinner with wines, transport around the island and concession fees to all places we visit.
Staying at the Chatham Island Hotel’s Beach Houses we are share twin rooms, single rooms maybe available depending upon final numbers.
You will get to photograph some amazing scenery:
- Chatham Island sunrises – three different locations, beachside sand hills, inner harbour and oceanside wharf
- Trip to Kaingaroa wharf and beach – capturing images of the fishermen loading and unloading their catch or simply this expansive bay
- Two shipwrecks
- Chatham Island’s oldest house which is nestled below the highest bluff on Chatham Island. The historic stone cottage is a 10 minute, cross farm walk
- Visit Admiral Gardens for a guided tour of this amazing garden where we get to photograph the Chatham Island forget-me-nots and other beautiful flowers. We maybe fortunate enough to capture images of the Red Admiral Butterfly – a different species to mainland. * While at Admiral Gardens we are also hosted by the Croon family for dinner
- Capture images of the dramatic windswept Chatham Island trees as well as photographing some of the oldest and farm shed and houses
- Capture images of seals swimming and basking on the rocks – maybe even spot the Weka as they forage along the shoreline
- Explore and photograph aircraft remains which are being used to restore the salvaged Sunderland which struck an uncharted rock in the Te Whanganui Lagoon and sunk in 1959.