Built in 1924, the Kakaramea Hall is located 20 minutes south of Hawera, in South Taranaki.
Kakaramea was settled as a military garrison in 1865 by General Cameron & 150 soldiers. Their Redoubt was situated where the Kakaramea School house is now. By 1866 the township had been surveyed into military grants sections. Kakaramea Hotel began business in April 1875, built by Mr Lloyd & Mr Gibson. The first small Town Hall in Kakaramea was opened in Nov 1875, on land gifted to the community by the Williamson brothers. in 1924 the much larger Kakaramea Hall that we have today was built on the same site, (the supper room was added in 1936) Kakaramea School opened 19 June 1876 with Mr R T Brown as School master. The Kakaramea Flour Mill also started operating in 1876, built by Mr D Coutts, on the dam at the Water hole. Pariroa Pa was established in 1894 by Tutangi Waionui & his wife Ngati, when they decided to moved to the other side of the Patea River. Kakaramea Co-op Dairy Company started collecting milk from local farmers in 1897. By the turn of the new century, Kakaramea was a lively, busy village. The hub of a thriving farming district, with a store, post office, black smith, carrier business, garage, Dairy Factory, Railway Station, Plunket Rooms, Show grounds & Sale Yards.