15th April - 1st May 2022 | With Swami Karma Karuna | Early-Bird Discount if full payment made by 1/04/22
In-person 16 day residential at Anahata Yoga Retreat, Golden Bay, New Zealand. Followed by a 3-month online training package. A total of 150 hours covering theory, applications & learning to instruct Yoga Nidra, Basic Breathing Methods & Restorative Yoga. All-inclusive of training sessions, a comprehensive manual, online content, food & accommodation.
A professional development course for yoga teachers, health and education professionals and those interested in guiding relaxation techniques. Explore tools to assist in the release of deep muscular, mental and emotional tension, inducing calmness and clarity for a range of life and health situations.
Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga and breathing techniques will be explored from practical, scientific, psychological and lifestyle perspectives. Learn teaching tools to effectively share a range of relaxation practices for differing client needs, including therapeutic applications.
Delve into each stage of Yoga Nidra including history, symbology and use of sankalpa or positive intention. Investigate the relaxation response, the Vagus Nerve, building resilience, sleep hygiene , diaphragmatic breath, pratyahara and relevant yogic theory, mindfulness, props, principles of care, creative teaching, course and class planning, client support and so much more!
Yoga Nidra is a profound, yet simple, practice that encourages the mind to let go of the external world and turn inwards, giving the senses a deep rest from the activities of contemporary society. The mind is gradually trained to connect into tranquility effortlessly. Ultimately the practice works on the mind to release impressions from the past and anxieties about the future. It helps us to retrain the nervous system and create new neural pathways that support the relaxation response. Yoga Nidra is a powerful tool to enable the parasympathetic nervous system and enhance deep sleep, thus supporting health and well-being at many levels.
THE TRAINING INCLUDES:
16 days onsite, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full programme, followed by a 3-month training package with course work including MP3 practice undertaken at home.
- Daily Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga and Breathing practices
- Understanding the techniques of Yoga Nidra, Diaphragmatic Breathing & Restorative Yoga from a practical and theoretical point of view
- The science behind the techniques; relaxation response, the nervous system, the Vagus nerve, brain plasticity, the breathing organs and more
- Exploration of building resilience, better sleep patterns, the adrenal glands and more
- Immersion into the yoga lifestyle
- Self-reflection tools
- Teaching Theory, including class and course planning, teaching to different needs, contra-indications, client support, teaching practical’s, use of voice and much more.
- SWAN practice
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- The opportunity to develop your inner awareness, train the mind and bring balance to the nervous system
- Mentored teaching practice
- Audio files, PowerPoints, resources, videos and other inspiring content for your personal practice
- Student manual
- A certificate of completion at the end of the training from Anahata Yoga Retreat
- 150 ‘Continuing Education’ hours with Yoga Alliance U.S. Registered Yoga Teachers which can be added to your profile
- Yoga Australia and Satyananda Yoga Teachers Association Continuing Education credits.
For more information on the training, go to the Anahata Yoga Retreat website.
Request an info booklet: email@example.com