Some people think songwriting is a mysterious, unexplainable process. But luckily, those people are wrong! Like most things, writing songs is much easier when you’re equipped with the right tools.
The course is ideal for anyone who wants to write better songs - whether you’ve got a few songs under your belt or you’re a complete beginner. Take a song idea through to a finished song you can be proud of. Split into easy-to-follow steps, this course walks you through everything from finding titles to writing chord progressions and ensuring your lyrics and melodies fit together. You’ll share your creations with fellow songwriters and get personalised feedback. You’ll see exactly how to turn theory into practice and write your best songs yet.
This course includes:
- Practical tips and techniques for songwriting
- Ideas for making your songs stronger, more expressive and more appealing to your audience
- How to overcome writer’s block, be an inspired and prolific songwriter who writes authentic songs
- An opportunity to share your songs with fellow students, bounce off ideas and learn from one another
- Learn how to structure a song effectively
- The pillars of songwriting and how to use them
- How to write better lyrics
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Discover the exact steps to successfully write your own original songs; expanding a song from a verse and chorus, to a complete song while keeping your listeners engaged using transitions and dynamic contrasts between sections
- Come up with ideas, write lyrics, melodies, chord progressions and instrumental grooves that have an emotional impact on you and your audience
- Identify the structure of a great song, including how to combine melody, chords, lyrics and rhythm that create magic for your listeners
- Possess the confidence and skills to find inspiration and get past common creative hurdles and blocks so you can develop an initial spark of creativity into a complete song
- Develop a system for learning music more effectively so you can level up faster
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Word processing program that can open and save documents in doc
Internet connection (to upload documents onto dropbox)
Some basic experience on an instrument like piano or guitar – knowing how to play a few chords – or know your way round a DAW like Logic, Audacity,GarageBand, FL Studio, Cubase or Ableton and being able to save the recording in MP3 format.
A built-in microphone or an external microphone plugged directly into your computer (via built in ports or an external audio interface)
17 Feb 2022 - 24 Mar 2022
6 weeks, Thu 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Presented by Elisa Di Napoli.