When accidents happen it is important to learn from them. Create a safer workplace through effective accident and incident investigation. Almost every accident involves a risk or hazard. This course will teach you to use root cause analysis as an effective method to discover why the problem occurred in the first place and give you key insights into preventing their occurrence in the future. You also have a legal duty to notify serious workplace injuries, illnesses and events.
- Defining and identification of risk and its subcategories
- Your legal duties to report and investigate
- The necessary steps to follow in an investigation process, outcomes and objectives
- Interviewing techniques
- Preparing and writing investigation reports and reporting on notifiable events
- Helpful questions for investigators
- Individuals wishing to obtain the knowledge skills and confidence to audit workplace H&S
- Management systems have the option of progressing via Unit Standard 5619
Your Learning Outcomes:
- How vital it is to report and investigate workplace accidents and incidents
- How to recognise and overcome barriers to accident and incident reporting
- Models for investigating accidents including multiple causation and root cause analysis
- The ability to write a report that is compliant and recommends preventive actions
To find out more contact - firstname.lastname@example.org.