POSTPONED Due to Covid-19 Level 4 Lockdown. Now 30 Oct 2021.
ALL Players need to confirm they will play on our new date.
Any entries made before the Delta Lockdown will not count you must reconfirm your entry to be part of the first-ever Thames Valley Chess Championship for both Juniors and Seniors there is only one first Championship and this is it!
Thames Valley Closed Chess Championship booked the Thames War Memorial Civic Centre Conference Room on Saturday the 21st August.
Entry to play in our Tournament is free.
So it's important to note we will be using a chess clock.
The following are some other points of interest.
Our Tournament guidelines for Region are that the definition of Thames Valley Region is the same as the Thames Valley Rugby Union so the whole of the Coromandel Peninsula down to Matamata.
- Only players resident in the Thames Valley region on the 21st of August will be eligible to win the Trophy(‘s) and be called the Thames Valley Chess Champion(s).
- If we have sufficient interest from Juniors ( 18 and under ) then I will also run a Thames Valley Junior Chess Championship in parallel with the Senior event.
- There will be Trophy’s presented to all Champions ( including Juniors) there will be a main Engraved Trophy which the Champion(s) gets presented with and a smaller Engraved Trophy to keep permanently, of course Photos will need to be taken of all receiving Trophy’s and/or Prize Money.
- There will be prize money involved ( amounts yet to be determined) prize money can be won by anyone ( not just residents of the Thames Valley ) whoever finishes with the most points and so on ( 2nd and 3rd) will receive prize money.
- We will be playing with clocks our time control will be 25 minutes plus a 5-second increment from move 1 for each player.
- Importantly you need to be committed for the whole day to be in the conference room from at least 9.00am to 5.00pm otherwise there is no point in taking part this is not something you can walk away from (literally) midway through the day ( Saturday) because that would adversely affect everyone else.
- There will be absolutely No Alcohol, BYO Food is fine but preferably to eat not to throw around lol.
- Our tournament will be a 5 or 6 round Swiss depending on the number of entries.
- Timing is that we will have a players meeting at 9.00 am, 1pm we will have a break for Lunch and at 5.45pm(estimate) we will have prizegiving.
Round 1 9.30am
Round 2 10.45am
Round 3 12pm
Round 4 2 pm
Round 5 3.15pm
Round 6 4.30pm
Any Questions Please ask commitments to taking part are Required if we don`t get enough people committing it costs to much and is far to much work to make it happen if only 3 people are prepared to commit to that whole day ( 21st August).
Ph. 022 164 8082 Russell or email email@example.com - to reserve your place at the tournament.