The 5th annual TEDx conference is almost here! This is an officially licensed TEDx event run entirely by students from the University of Auckland, featuring speakers giving TEDx talks on everything from gaming in finance, impostor syndrome, LGBTQ+ in healthcare, the importance of human connections in a socially distant world, and more! The conference also features exciting musical performances, morning tea, lunch, sponsored goodie bags and more - get your tickets now!
Speaker Line Up:
- Dr Niki Harre: Psychology Professor at the University of Auckland
- Jackie Chan: Digital Skills Lead at Microsoft
- Sam Kamani: Cofounder and CEO - Ensydr.com, Podcaster, and Amazon best-selling author
- Grant Wyatt: Head of Human Resources - Ensign Laboratories
- James Watson: Chair of Doughnut Economics Advocates New Zealand (DEANZ)
- Linden Vazey: Leadership coach and mentor - Living on Purpose
- Sarah Premkumar: BHSc / BCom student at UoA - TEDxUoA SpeechCraft Competition Winner
- Cameron Leakey: Masters of Public Health student at UoA - TEDxUoA SpeechCraft Competition Winner
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, this event will only be held in person at Level 2 or below. If this is not the case, we will run the event virtually at a later date (in which case, full refunds will be provided) or postpone the in-person event to October (if you aren't able to make it to the new date, you may request a refund). Please follow the Facebook event for this conference for the latest updates.
The ‘New Normal,’ the ‘Global Reset,’ and the ‘once-in-a-lifetime turning point.’ We seem to be living in the midst of great transformation, where the world continues to change before our eyes. Last year at TEDxUoA’s 2020 conference ‘Distortion’, we tackled the ideas of evolving perspectives in a rapidly changing world. Through pandemics and socioeconomic changes that will be remembered throughout history, the world rapidly adapted to push the boundaries beyond what we originally perceived. Naturally, we seek comfort in ‘following the flow,’ but should we follow? Should we continue to intoxicate ourselves and our planet in irreversible environmental degradation, exacerbating inequalities and political unrest? What are we seeking?
In 2021, TEDxUoA invites you to take that much-needed time to stop and reflect, along with innovative speakers from our community who are working hard to pave a more promising future for mankind. Don’t miss this day where we explore a variety of topics covering the fields of economics, current affairs, psychology, technology, and many more exciting topics - all in one jam-packed day!