Come and enjoy the School Holidays at Pūkaha. Please note we are open 364 days of the year. We are CLOSED on Christmas Day.
- Great outdoor fun amongst nature.
- Walk on ancient pathways surrounded by native New Zealand forest and signposted with traditional Māori Pou (carved signposts).
- See manu (birds) and other iconic native wildlife like tuatara.
- Experience rich Māori culture and storytelling.
- Watch kaiwhakairo (carvers) in action at the whare whakairo (carving studio).
- Enjoy lunch at the Kākā Café or bring your own and picnic on the tables inside the reserve.
- Shop at the nature themed giftshop for keepsakes and gifts.
- Breath in fresh air and Rongo te mauri - Feel life's essence!
- Take in four daily ranger talks (free with paid entry) covering:
* Reptiles and Forgotten Fauna at 11am
* Kiwi at 12pm
* Longfin Tuna (eel) feed and talk at 1.30pm
* Kākā feed and talk at 3pm at the Kākā Circus.
Most importantly, come and engage with nature and have some fun!
There is plenty of space to maintain physical distance from others and we have a range of guided tour experiences for those wanting deeper experiences with our qualified guides. 45 minute Bubble Tours are also a great option for those that don't wish to mix with others and 'keep to their bubble'.
Please see the Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre website for more information and to make bookings.