Please Note - This workshop date has changed from that previously advertised.
What is motivational interviewing?
“Motivational interviewing (MI) is a collaborative, goal-oriented style of communication with particular attention to the language of change. It is designed to strengthen personal motivation for and commitment to, a specific goal, by eliciting and exploring the person’s own reasons for change within an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion” (Miller & Rollnick, 2012).
This one-day interactive workshop with Eileen Britt provides an introduction to Motivational Interviewing - Guiding change in helping conversations.
The aim is to provide participants the opportunity to experience the basics of MI and decide the level of interest in learning more. Participants will be introduced to, and provided with the opportunities to explore the following:
- Understand the fundamental spirit and processes of MI
- Directly experience the MI approach and contrast it with others
- Be acquainted with relevant evidence of efficacy
- Learn practical guidelines for exchanging information/giving advice “in the spirit of MI”
- Learn a MI strategy for assessing and building motivation
- Have direct practice in, and experience of, these particular applications
And so much more.
Visit the website for more information and other dates & locations.