Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
This four-hour workshop will teach advanced Excel users how to utilise Pivot Tables to summarise data and streamline the process of formatting and displaying the results.
Course dates: Saturday 26 June 2021 9 AM - 1 PM or Saturday 11 September 2021 9 AM - 1 PM.
Effective formula writing is a must for taking your excel skills further - including knowing when to use different types of cell references, and using range names and the structured references used in Excel tables.
PivotTable is the single most powerful tool in Excel for financial reporting, budgeting and data analysis. This can save you hours and deliver impressive results. IBM are projecting that demand for Data Visualisation alone is projected to grow by 44% and PivotTable skills specifically by 34% by 2020. So this is an Excel skill that will be very useful to know.
Course content includes:
- Create Pivot Tables and understand how they refresh
- Use functions other than SUM to analyse your data
- Group numbers, dates and even text labels to streamline the table
- Use filtering effectively to display only the data you want
- Add custom calculations to your PivotTable summary and understand the GETPIVOTDATA function
- Use pivot tables to gather data for your 'Dashboard' likes displays that include slicers and charts
- Modify the presentation of your pivot tables with conditional formats and varied layouts
- Become aware of the Pivot Table Data Model for analysing data in more than one table
Who should attend this course?
This class is designed for the experienced Excel user who wants to go beyond the basics with a special focus on analysing large tables of data or databases using Excel's Pivot Tables. You will already be confidently preparing charts and tables and using a range of formulae and functions.
This course is taught in a PC suite.
We also offer Microsoft Excel - Beginners, Microsoft Intermediate and Microsoft Excel - Advanced courses and specialist workshops. Search our website for more details.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.