Want to write for children but not sure where to start? Be guided through exercises to generate and expand your ideas and find out more about children's book genres and publishing.
Award-winning children’s author, Helen Fletcher, will take you through a series of writing tasks to generate ideas for children’s short stories, picture and chapter books, will help you take your own ideas further, as well as provide information about the requirements of different children’s book genres.
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
- Complete writing exercises to generate and expand ideas for children’s books
- Identify the requirements of different genres of children’s books
- Follow publishers’ formatting guidelines, and prepare scripts accordingly
- Identify the next steps for your own writing, including possible publishing opportunities
- Bring pen and paper and lunch (tea and coffee provided).
Presented by Helen Vivienne Fletcher.