Music in Parks brings back a stellar roots and reggae line-up for 2022. Aotearoa reggae icons Cornerstone Roots, King Kapisi and Che Fu, the queen of dancehall Rubi Du, up-and-comers Masaya, and Afrobeat act D.Matthews rounds out the day.
- Cornerstone Roots pays respect to the colossal world of Jamaican reggae, while bringing their own influences and uplifting messages to the mix. This classic cool and future consciousness has helped set the tone for reggae in Aotearoa since 2001.
- King Kapisi and Che Fu perform together, combining two musical icons in an unmissable stage show.
- Well-known Auckland reggae artist Rubi Du has been making waves in music both in Aotearoa and overseas. Formerly known as SilvaMC, Rubi has solidified herself as a queen of the Aotearoa roots and dancehall scene with her ability as a vocalist & emcee and her electrifying live performances.
- Masaya formed in 2019, recording an EP, 'Tongue & Groove'. The slick five-piece has been playing fully grooving live shows and festivals ever since.
- D.Matthews, a Nigerian-born vocalist and Afrobeat songwriter, blends traditional African elements with global pop for a heartfelt sound – his stage presence is one to watch!
Got a question? Check our FAQs or follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.
Presented by Auckland Council. With thanks to flava and iHeartRadio.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION:
These events can take place at ORANGE and GREEN.
Current Protection Framework restrictions apply. Each event space will be monitored and a My Vaccine Pass is required to enter for anyone aged 12 years 3 months and over. Please have your vaccine pass ready to present to the team when you arrive. For more information on COVID-19, visit covid19.govt.nz.