Celebrating women working in the wool industry - everyone welcome!
We'll hear from six women about the innovative work they're doing with New Zealand wool.
Wool is an amazing natural, sustainable fibre that can be used for so many things; from craft to fashion, interiors, and new innovations such as insulation and as a substitute for plastic.
Come and celebrate six innovative women working in the wool industry, and be inspired by the possibilities of wool!
- Eleanor Patterson from Starcrest Farm who produce raw fleece and yarn from their flock of Polwarth sheep in Oxford, Canterbury
- Dr. Anita Grosvenor, science team leader of proteins and metabolites at AgResearch
- Helen Cameron, a wool exporter for G Schneider & Co. Ltd, who selects fine NZ merino for the Italian fashion industry
- Jane Ellis, fifth generation owner of family business Earth Sea Sky, Christchurch manufacturers of outdoor performance clothing used by mountaineers and Antarctic adventurers
- Sarah Reed, Culverden farmer and founder of The Grumpy Merino, who produce super fine merino blankets and knitting kits traceable from their own sheep through to scouring, spinning and weaving all here in NZ
- Tracey Topp, founder of Cosy Toes NZ wool socks, and community Facebook group We Love NZ Wool that connects anyone passionate about wool and shares ideas.
Everyone welcome! Gold coin donation.
Presented by Canterbury Creative Fibre.