It’s generally accepted that the role of the chair is to ensure that the board is effective in its task of setting and implementing an organisation’s direction and strategy.
In reality, the chair’s role is much more than that.
The chair is the ringmaster, the meeting facilitator, the mentor and leader of others, the expert guide, the culture-setter and guardian of effective decision-making.
This workshop is ideal for anyone currently in a chair’s role or looking to step into one.
Just some of the topics covered include:
- Role and characteristics of a meeting chair
- Types of meetings and the core documents
- Managing conflicts of interest
- Overcoming conscious and unconscious bias
- Leading the decision-making process
- Identifying board dynamics and resolving conflict
- Inducting new board/committee members
- Governance versus management