In this comprehensive training, we will cover basic format and practical methodology for pregnancy massage techniques, to reduce common discomforts associated with pregnancy and postnatal women. Also a review of contraindications and cautions within this special population.
Participants need to have level 4 or above training and a good understanding of anatomical and massage related terms.
The course will cover:
• 50+ techniques, basic format and practical methodology
• The significance of pregnancy in a woman’s life
• Anatomy / physiology of pregnancy/postpartum
• Common issues in pregnancy and postpartum
• Indications and contraindications,
• Draping and positioning on the table for different trimesters,
• Self care protocols to share with clients,
• Enhancement for a positive pregnancy
This is a retreat intensive training on 16-17 July, Saturday/Sunday 8-5pm. It includes:
- 2 nights accommodation on 15th and 16th (Thurs/Fri). Arrive after dinner on 15th.
- meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, dinner on 16th, snacks)
- group discount for Maruia hotsprings. Ridesharing to be organised.