Our Astro Masterclass Workshop is based in Twizel within the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve, the world's second-best area for viewing the night sky. With highly acclaimed astrophotographer Mark Gee along with Rob Brown as your tutors.
Designed to extend your skills in skills in both Astro and timelapse photography, the workshop dates have been picked to ensure a new moon and winter offers the best conditions astrophotography. During the workshop we will visit New Zealand’s premier astronomical research centre, the Mount John Observatory, to learn more about the night sky and photograph the constellations.
We will base for 3 nights in the excellent Mackenzie Country Hotel, with the use of a conference room for tuition and post-processing sessions.
- Tuition by Mark Gee and Rob Brown
- Night Sky Tour at Mount John Observatory
- 3 nights accommodation at MacKenzie Country Hotel in a twin room (single upgrade available)
- 3 cooked breakfasts at the MacKenzie Country Hotel
- Copy of Pocket Guide to Landscape Photography
- E-book on masterclass workshop topics
- Two 16x22" Fine-Art Prints from the Epson SC-P800
- Use of Benro filters kits
- Use of Samyang Ultra-wide lenses
- Trial of Nikon cameras & lenses
- Conference room for processing & printing
- Transport during the workshop
- Queenstown pickup/dropoff (or meet at Twizel)
- DOC concession fees
- Donation to our Conservation Fund
- Native tree planting to Carbon Offset your workshop
For more information, visit the official website.