Rongoā carries the mana and the mauri to penetrate deep into the tinana and flow where it needs to flow to unblock, loosen and release old patterns of energy. Rongoā holds the energetic blueprint of purity. As it flows in the tinana it finds a way to clear stagnation and bring to the surface unresolved conflict within the tinana. When we Mirimiri rongoā into the tinana it heats or cools problem areas, it soothes inflamed muscles, ligaments and joints. It has the mana to bring balance and clarity for our wairua. It can have the same effect as ingesting rongoā. When the tinana is warmed from Mirimiri, the pores of the skin open to allow the rongoā to be absorbed into the body systems.
You will make specific rongoā for the tinana and you will learn to Mirimiri the rongoā into the body.
We will be delivering this workshop over two days at Te Pou o Tainui Marae in Ōtaki. This setting provides a quiet and relaxed atmosphere to tautoko our work with rākau for deep healing, transformation and expanding consciousness.
- Plant identification of specific rākau for Mirimiri
- Harvest certain rākau for poultices
- Learn to make the rongoā specific for detoxification and strengthening immunity
- Learn gentle Mirimiri movements to warm the body in preparation for receiving rongoā.
- Learn how to apply your hands as the tools for application and healing.
- Learn to apply specific rongoā ointments to tension areas and to allow for lymph and blood flow
- Application of poutices to the tinana
No prior experience necessary.
What To Bring:
- Bring a plate of kai for a shared kai with everyone
- Bring a massage table (not essential, can be done on the floor)
- Bring 2 large towels, 2 face cloths, and a hand-towel
- Bring a warm blanket for your Mirimiri session
This is not an overnight wānanga. Participants travelling from out of town will need to find their own accommodation.
The wānanga is from:
Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Spaces are strictly limited. I look forward to sharing with you xx