As a legal entity, even your small to medium-sized company is known under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 as a PCBU. All PCBU's have a primary duty of care to everyone affected by work carried out in your workplace. Owners of small business are required by law to exercise due diligence to ensure your PCBU is meeting its H&S obligations. This course will give you the oversight you need to make sure your business H&S systems and practices reflect a due diligence approach. Each session comes with practical templates for you to use in your business.
Effective H&S contributes directly to your company's success. You will be compliant, work towards cost reduction and increased productivity. As well as being the right thing to do, your efforts will help to protect your most valuable assets - your people; your property and your good name.
- The WHY of H&S - what's in it for you to get involved and care? (e.g. your business drivers).
- The WHAT of H&S - learn the main components of a modern H&S system; your requirements under the Act, regulations and other legal requirements.
- The Duties - learn about the legal duties of your business, you as the owner and those of your staff
- Reasonably Practicable - learn how to assess the key risks in your business and learn how to control them.
- Competency - everyone in your workplace need to be fit-for-work. Find out practical steps to take to ensure you can verify competency.
- Incidents - can happen at any time in your workplace and depending on the severity need different approaches - but because they have the potential to disrupt your business so much the best tactic is to try and avoid them or prevent them from occurring.
- ACC - another big cost to a small business is people off on ACC - learn how you can get people back to work and back to productivity.
- Put it all together - the final session will see you putting together a small business H&S policy with all the key elements you need.
Your Learning Outcomes:
- The core elements of a health and safety system including how risks and hazards should be managed and reported.
- Key duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- An understanding of essential health and safety components and how they relate to your legal duties.
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea.
To find out more contact - firstname.lastname@example.org.