Please note: This event was originally scheduled for Sunday 17 October. It will now go ahead on Sunday 27 November (restrictions allowing) and ticket holders have been contacted directly.
Join contemporary embroidery artist Fleur Woods for a fun and relaxing day of creative stitch in the Members Lounge. After a long winter, find your zen immersed in creativity and explore texture, fibres and colour. Fleur will support you to set your creativity free and make your own design using traditional and self-taught methods.
All materials for the workshop are supplied, sourced, and shared by Fleur. Her favourite tools, including a beechwood hoop, needles, fabric, and threads are carefully selected from her studio. There will be a generous supply – plenty to take home in a carry bag (provided) and continue stitching should you wish.
Fleur Woods is a contemporary embroidery artist, with a background in painting. For her, each stitch is a kind of lyrical mark-making that results in a stitched painting celebrating a diversity of colour, texture and fibre. She makes original and commissioned works which are collected around the globe. She also teaches workshops, hosts an active Zoom stitch club and offers DIY stitch kits. At home in the bucolic Upper Moutere, Fleur is mum to two children Lily and Saffron, cats, Peaches and Jess and a dog called George. In her spare time, she’s treasure-hunting in local op-shops, picking up fresh produce from the plethora of local artisans or wandering through the dahlias at Garden House.
Learn more about Fleur on the links above.
Need to know:
• Coffee, tea and refreshments provided. This workshop includes a half-hour meal break. Lunch is included in your ticket price and all dietary requirements will be catered to.
• The non-Members price includes a one-year Membership, which will be available to pick up on the day of the workshop.
• If you are a Gallery Member with a valid guest pass, you can bring a friend for the Members price.
• This workshop suits any experience level.
• This workshop has a minimum attendance requirement which, if not met, may cause it to be cancelled. If this is the case, those registered will be fully reimbursed.
This event might be postponed or cancelled due to a change in Covid-19 Alert Levels and restrictions. Ticket holders will be contacted directly and are entitled to a full refund.
All images courtesy of Fleur Woods.