Crochet is great for settling the mind and encouraging relaxation. Learn to do basic stitches, read patterns and complete projects in a relaxed and friendly space – left handers very welcome.
The repetitive movements of crochet help the brain make more serotonin, which can decrease tension and feelings of depression. We’ll move through all the steps from the starting slipknot to reading patterns and diagrams and making your first crochet projects.
You’ll learn to make a granny square, change colours and how to increase and decrease. You’ll also find out more about the notations and abbreviations of crochet stitches so you can make those awesome crochet projects you've been waiting to make!
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the benefits of crochet for relaxation and alleviation of mood
- Read a basic crochet pattern and recognise crochet terminology
- Choose yarns and hooks for projects
- Use a range of stitches with confidence
- Complete at least one project of your choice (granny square, keychain, garden decoration)
Suitable for all beginners, both left and right-handers and those who may have struggled to learn to crochet. Initial materials provided but bring along any yarn or crochet hooks you may have at home (don’t buy anything until you’ve discussed this with the tutor).
Presented by Monique Lubberink