The best gift you can give to your child/children is to allow them to free play in natural settings these April School Holidays with CK!
Nature play free has proven physical, emotional, and social health benefits. Our supervised programme allows kids to lead their own activities - mudslides, tree climbing, puddle splashing, hammock and hut building, etc. Apart from the obvious safety restrictions and respect framework, there are few instructions for kids. Our number 1 'rule' is to have fun! Such child-led play enhances creativity, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, and many other 21st century skills.
Blockhouse Bay Reserve
Little Shoal Bay Reserve
Long Bay Regional Park
Meola Reef Reserve
Western Springs Lake Park
The program will go ahead in all weather. Rain brings exciting opportunities for play and exploration and of course shelter building!
Good quality wet weather gear is very important. We wholeheartedly believe the famous quote "there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing". In case of the severe weather warning, we always have an indoor venue booked and ready to move the group in.
Some benefits of regular free play in nature:
- Increased physical activity, and less risk of childhood obesity
- Children learn to interact with, and better understand the natural world
- Helps improve children’s cognitive function, personality development, and attention in school
- Improves childhood mental health and ability to handle stress
- ‘Dangerous’ free play gives children a chance to develop the physical and emotional skills to deal with emergencies
- Children learn to assess and manage risks
- Learn to regulate emotion, and practice negotiation skills
- Develop and practice motor skills
- Supports creativity and problem solving
Ratio 1 adult: 8 children.
*To ensure our children get the best of our free play spaces and enjoy the Conscious Kids way of play, we require at least 12 children to attend per day, so please invite your friends for the days of pure fun during the holidays!