Please read carefully & pass the following information to ALL course attendees.
This is an Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) approved Competency Programme for Electrical Workers to obtain or renew their Practising License.
Course prerequisite - EWRB E-learning modules;
It is an EWRB requirement that all attendees complete two e-learning modules before attending a Competency Programme in person;
1. Log in to the learning site link above or visit https://ewrb-learning.co.nz/register/
2. Complete the two (2) E-learning modules
3. Print this out / screenshot and bring it with you to the course or email to directly firstname.lastname@example.org
• Basic First Aid refresher and CPR L2 Refresher
• News and updates on any relevant current electrical issues
• Testing for Personal Safety
• Visual inspection
• Insulation Resistance
• MEN Systems
• Correct Circuit Connections
• Earth Fault Loop Impedance
• Prospective Short Circuit Current / Arc Flash Energy
• Theory Assessment
• Practical Testing Exercises
This course is not;
- This course is NOT suitable for High Voltage and Linesman.
- This is NOT a Site Safe Course.
- This course includes a basic first aid refresher and CPR L2 to meet the requirements of the EWRB but will NOT renew your First Aid Certificate.
What to bring :
- Any and all of your Test Equipment - don't have any? - Borrow or purchase it.
During the course electrical workers must prove they know how to use their test equipment and how to test for voltage, insulation resistance & RCD's.
(minimal equipment will be available to borrow)
- Your E-learning certificate (for online modules)
- EWRB practising licence card (for identification purposes)
- Relevant PPE for LV Testing ( inc. Safety glasses & Enclosed shoes)
- Accessible version of the current Standards in paper copy or digital (available free from EWRB). (a laptop with Standards will be available to borrow.)
Competency Programme facilitated by Electrical Inspector, Glen McDonald.
Conditions : Tickets are Non-Refundable. 24 hrs notice required to defer. 1 defer per person.