Holiday art classes for children who like to make, create and invent.
For ages 5-13.
Make cork creatures, tie-dye socks and much more…
I’m running January holiday art classes in Raumati with a few spaces left.
They begin January 11th - 28th, Monday to Thursday (except Mon 25th) from 9.00am - 1.00pm. Children attend for 4 hours with each day having a different activity every hour (3 activities each day).
Payment by credit card has no additional fees.
- Qualified primary teacher and artist
- 15 years' experience teaching art to primary-aged children
- Progressive teaching methods
- Lessons based on traditional and modern arts/crafts, developing skills & creativity
- Structured, but in a home-studio setting
- Daily or weekly themes
- A child-friendly, relaxed environment for after-school
- Lots of variety / choice
- Excellent resources
The classes provide an opportunity to play and experiment in a structured but caring, home-studio environment.
Activities are designed and supervised by an experienced primary school teacher and artist.
To meet the needs of active and curious children after school we explore a variety of crafts such as sewing, crochet, pottery, felting, weaving, jewellery and woodwork; and the art forms: painting, drawing, sculpting and printmaking.
The activities utilise a child's growing mathematical skills such as estimating, measuring, scaling up & down, changing 2D to 3D, exploring symmetry, and pattern-making. Natural sciences, such as chemistry, biology, geology and physics are included, as well as history and culture.
Experiments and activities...
- Experiment with colour and creative ways of using paint
- Create with clay & natural materials
- Construct with recyclables
- Engineer and test adhesive methods and materials
- Learning to trust their creative process
See photos on the website. Contact Helen with any questions.