A hands-on workshop where you'll begin to develop your carving skills. Some materials provided.
A one-day workshop for beginners where you'll start to learn the art of wood carving - the history, sharpening chisels, drawing, pattern boards and design concepts.
By the end of the workshop, you'll be able to:
- Discuss some aspects of the history of wood carving
- Demonstrate some wood carving techniques and practices
- Complete and present a pattern board
- Generate design concepts for small sculpture
- Demonstrate the process of sharpening chisels
Bring your lunch, a dust mask and wear closed-toe shoes and old clothing. Charge for tool hire ($10) and wood ($5-25, depending on size) payable directly to the tutor (please bring cash).
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Presented by: Davey McGhie