During the live music drought of 2020, Jenny Mitchell recorded a live, visual EP with her younger sisters and country singing Dad, resulting in The Grainstore Sessions.
Jenny Mitchell is an artist who blends folk, alt-country and Americana into her own captivating style. With songs wrapped in wisdom and wit, this young Kiwi songwriter is rapidly capturing fans far and wide.
Jenny Mitchell is comfortable with a country twang or softly spoken ballad and presents songs wrapped in wisdom and wit. With recent appearances with Tami Neilson, Julia Deans and Australia’s Felicity Urquhart, it is clear this is just the beginning for a young artist who, “knows exactly who she is and feels no need to give way,” (The Southland Times).
Jenny has graced dozens of festival stages including Australia’s Maldon Folk Festival, Nannup Festival and, of course, the Tamworth Country Music Festival. At home in NZ, she has been on the Canterbury and Wellington Folk Festival bill and was a guest on the 2019 Southern Fork Americana Fest lineup. Along with festival appearances, Jenny regularly tours her music through homes in every nook and cranny of NZ. She offers an intimate musical experience that is sure to delight audience members of all ages.
- accepted before the day of the show
- there are no booking fees nor any additional fees for this event
- doors open at 7:20pm for those who have booked
- door sales on the day, at the venue, from 7:50pm
- seating is general admission
- ticket includes complimentary tea and coffee
- free parking available by or near the venue
- licensed bar at venue (no BYO allowed)