Develop the skills to handle a filleting knife safely and confidently fillet a whole fish. You’ll be able to make many different products from the filleted fish and you’ll receive a Victorinox filleting knife to keep. All ingredients included.
Once you’ve learned safe knife handling skills, you’ll work in pairs to fillet a whole fish each. We’ll cover how to maximise the whole fish thereby minimising costs and making the most of the product. We’ll look at the many different uses of products that can be made and you'll take away a quality Victorinox filleting knife and the knowledge to keep it sharp.
All ingredients provided but bring an apron, dish cloth, tea towels and container to take fillets home.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Hold and use a knife safely
- Understand appropriate food hygiene and safety in regards to fish handling and processing
- Recognise how to look after and sharpen your knife
- Practise filleting a whole fish
- Identify how to maximise using the whole fish and all of the flesh to make different products
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Presented by: Daniel McCarthy