Keen to teach adults? Join our hands-on course covering creating a learning climate, how adults learn, group interactions, course planning and evaluation - suitable both for those already tutoring adults or planning to start.
A certificated course (through the Auckland Schools' Community Education Association) for those tutoring (or who want to start tutoring) adults in a community setting which covers: the learning climate, characteristics of adult learners, group dynamics, course planning and evaluation. (Please note that the certificate is not NZQA registered).
By the end of the course, you'll have:
- Gained confidence in your ability to facilitate a group
- Discussed adult learning styles and their relationship to tutoring
- Acquired skills for creating a positive learning experience
- Completed a practical exercise in course development, task analysis and lesson presentation
- Completed an evaluation exercise
Please note that you are expected to attend the full course to be eligible for the certificate so you must make sure that you are on time and present for both days.
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly.
Presented by: Laura Collins