Hand make your own gourmet sausages with fresh ingredients during this captivating two session course. You’ll cook and eat some as well as take some home. All ingredients provided.
Create fresh meat sausages using spices and herbs to flavour them in different ways. You’ll make the mincemeat from scratch and fill the sausage casings – then we will all cook and eat some – yum! Everyone will get some sausages to take home and enjoy.
This course is two sessions as we need to make the mincemeat mixtures and let them refrigerate before filling the casings in the second session. During this second session t we will have a chance to cook and eat sausages - please bring a container to take any (uncooked) surplus sausages home with you.
All ingredients included in course fee but please bring your apron, a dish cloth and a couple of tea towels to each session.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise how to handle a knife safely
- Understand food safety and hygiene around sausage-making and avoiding cross contamination
- Recognise the difference between two kinds of sausage casings and why you use each of them
- Make and cook a good quality sausage properly
- Be able to safely store sausages products
Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".