High-quality hands-on industry level training so work falls in your lap.
The Bartender Academy is the only place to train if you’re serious about getting hired.
Our 3 Day Bar & Cocktail Course in Auckland is practical, fun and taught with passion by bartenders who work for the biggest names in NZ and around the world.
Unlike other educational courses on the market, our course is built on real-world activities and hands-on testing and tasting, we feel this is paramount with the “practical nature” of the hospitality profession.
Use your new bar skills to get work all over the world
Our graduates go on to get jobs in the superyacht industry, island resorts, international hotels & restaurants, boutique bars and world class casinos.
Bartender Course times: 3 pm – 7 pm each day.
Course fees include all drinks for cocktail making & tasting and online access to The Bartender Academy eTheory.
- Get confident with your bar equipment and bar station set up
- Learn how to prepare your bar station, choose glassware, cut fruit and garnishes
- Make drinks from different cocktail families using core formulas and pro techniques
- Learn how to identify taste and flavours in beer, wine and spirits
- Distill your own gin adding your own aromatics
- Learn about beer brewing, beer service and how to change kegs in one of Auckland’s top brew bar
- Feel comfortable serving customers and learning what great hospitality is all about
- Share pro tips about employability, how to become an indispensable bartender, how to secure great roles and stand out of the crowd