Please read carefully & pass the following information to ALL course attendees.
About the Course
This Competency Programme was established in 1992 and has evolved into a progressive, multi-media, state-of-the-art course by EWRB approved provider Elementary and facilitated by Electrical Inspector, Glen McDonald.
More than a practising licence renewal course. Elementary is committed to the ongoing growth of this professional development course with regular content reviews, monitoring Standard updates and integrating new scenarios that reflect their application in all industries.
Course prerequisite - E-learning modules
It is an EWRB requirement that all attendees complete two e-learning modules before attending a Competency Programme in person;
1. Log in to the learning site link above or visit https://ewrb-learning.co.nz/register/
2. Complete the two (2) E-learning modules
3. Print this out / screenshot and bring it with you to the course or email to directly firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
• Any and all of your Test Equipment. During the course you will be testing for voltage, insulation resistance, RCD testing. (minimal equipment will be available to borrow)
• Your E-learning certificate (for online modules)
• EWRB practising licence card (for identification purposes)
• Relevant PPE for LV Testing ( inc. Safety glasses & Enclosed shoes)
• Accessible version of the current Standards in paper copy or digital available free from EWRB. (We will be working from AS/NZS 3000, 3760, 3017. You will be quizzed on material from these Standards.)
• Basic First Aid refresher and CPR L2 Refresher
• News and updates on any relevant current electrical issues
• Testing for Personal Safety
• Visual inspection
• Insulation Resistance
• MEN Systems
• Correct Circuit Connections
• Earth Fault Loop Impedance
• Prospective Short Circuit Current / Arc Flash Energy
• Theory Assessment - 10+ questions delivered on tablet computers. (Open book – you bring your own Standards) Standards available free from the EWRB via you RealMe login: https://www1.logon.realme.govt.nz/cls/logon.logon
• Practical Testing Exercises - utilise next generation switchboards and a range of electrical equipment to demonstrate your understanding of practical testing within your limits of work (All Electrical Workers will be testing RCD’s as a minimum)
Pre-reading - Limits of Work
In this course, competency will be assessed according to the attendees class or registrations’ Limits of Work (for example Electrical Appliance Serviceperson, Electrician, Inspector). On 27 October 2017, revised limits of work came into effect. Please read your limits https://www.ewrb.govt.nz/working-safely-and-in-compliance/limits-of-work/.
What this course is not
This course is NOT suitable for High Voltage and Linesman.
This is NOT a Site Safe Course.
This course includes a basic first aid refresher and CPR L2 to meet the requirements of the EWRB but will NOT renew your First Aid Certificate.