Our Wildlife Masterclass Workshop is based around the Otago Peninsula, otherwise known as the ‘wildlife capital’ of New Zealand. You will spend four-days with photographers Richard Young and Shaun Barnett as your tutors, to capture the area’s exceptional wildlife. This includes New Zealand sea lions and fur seals, as well as a host of rare bird species, such as the yellow-eyed penguin, northern royal albatross and petrel. Our Otago wildlife workshop includes a boat charter around the peninsula and a visit to the Orokonui Wildlife Sanctuary, with another highlight being a stay and dinner at the famous Larnach Castle.
We will be based for 3 nights in the stately Larnach Castle in Dunedin, with the use of a conference room for tuition and post-processing sessions.
- Tuition by Richard Young and Shaun Barnett
- Private chartered boat around the Otago Peninsula
- Private penguin trip on the Otago Peninsula
- Entry to Orokonui Wildlife Sanctuary
- 3 nights single room accommodation at Larnach Castle (Own double stables room, with the option to upgrade to a lodge room)
- 3 breakfasts at Larnach Castle
- A three-course dinner at Larnach Castle
- Copy of Pocket Guide to Wildlife Photography
- E-book on masterclass workshop topics
- Two 16x22" Fine-Art Prints from the Epson SC-P800
- Use of Tamron 150-600mm lenses (Nikon & Canon mount)
- Trial of Nikon cameras & lenses
- Conference room for processing & printing
- Transport during the workshop
- Dunedin pickup/dropoff
- DOC concession fees
- DOC marine mammals permit
- Donation to our Conservation Fund
- Native tree planting to Carbon Offset your workshop
For more information or to book, go to the official website.