Welcome to The Little Boys’ Room! Should you feel the need to use the facilities, please direct yourself to The Fringe Bar for a drag king spectacular that’s sure to bring you some sweet relief. Come on in, lock the door and prepare for your favourite faux show boys - unzipped and exposed like never before.
*Please note our social distancing update at bottom.
This camp and cocky cabaret features some of New Zealand’s finest and award winning gender illusionists. They may only be mostly male, but they can shake their fake things with the best of them. They’ve put on their big-boy pants, erected their phallic props and preened their facial hair - primed and ready to descend on Wellington in a veritable hailstorm of duct tape, glitter and suspiciously sweaty tube socks.
Gird your loins. These prime-cut beef cakes will give you a night of boisterous, humping, thumping revelry you’re unlikely to forget.
Oh, and don’t forget to wash your hands.
Tickets starting at just $19 on Eventfinda.
Please note! Seating is not allocated so make sure to arrive early to nab a good vantage point. Doors open one hour before showtime, latecomers may not be admitted, and door sales are cash only. The event space is located upstairs with a service elevator available on request, but please get in touch before the gig if you have any accessibility concerns so we can best help you out.
Make sure to follow the Hugo Grrrl page for updates on more dope, affordable gigs near you.
Find more Hugo Grrrl events here: https://bit.ly/2N8erzQ
And buy Hugo merch here: https://rdbl.co/2U8AmKL
Design by Pip Clark.
© Hugo Grrrl 2016
*We’re back! Let’s talk about social distancing!
Our sweet and precious, delicious, beautiful patrons, we are delighted to announce that we will be running some events this June! Namely, The Wellington Pun Battle on June 12th, The Wellington Feminist Poetry Club on June 18th, The Little Boys Room a Drag King Cabaret on June 19th, Carnage Comedy on June 20th and Naked Girls Reading: The Dystopian Edition on June 27th - all at The Fringe Bar.
And while we’re expecting another announcement from Cindy in the next week which might result in some amendments to the following, for now, if you are planning on attending any of these, here’s what you need to know.
• Book early. Under the current restrictions, we have reduced our ticketing capacity to 50 people to ensure that we can keep our audiences socially distant. Bookings are essential, so make sure you nab a seat on Eventfinder if you’re planning to attend.
• Book in your bubble. We need to know how many social bubbles will be attending, as you’ll be seated at tables in this bubble, 1m apart from all others. If you and your friends have booked your tickets under separate names on Eventfinder, it’s important that you email us at email@example.com to tell that you're in the same bubble. If not, I'm afraid you will be seated separately. Please note that the max number of people at each table is four.
• Be patient, be kind, be early. Once you arrive, you are required to sign in, sanitise your hands and we kindly ask you to immediately take a seat to avoid crowding.
• Expect table service. Ooh so fancy! The Fringe Bar’s lovely staff will be taking orders at your table to avoid congestion at the bar. They’ll endeavour to do this promptly as you arrive.
• Expect a leisurely intermission - we’ll be extending our half time to about half an hour in order to, you guessed it, account for the extra time it’ll take to move around the venue.
• Follow all signage and markers - take extra note of the ones on the floor to help you navigate the venue without congestion or crowding.
• Expect to pay a dollar or two more - we’ve raised our prices a scootch to compensate for the fact that we’ll be operating at less than half our usual capacity.
Lots of love,
George and the team at Hugo Grrrl’s Gigs