This is your chance to walk the spectacular Taieri Gorge rail line.
Gather your friends, pack a picnic and join us for a uniquely Otago experience and rasie funds for our group progammes at the same time. Tickets are only $65, Dunedin Railways normally charge $115 per person for the return train trip.
We travel by train from Dunedin to Flat Stream, then walk 2.5 hrs (6-8km) back along the rail line to Deep Stream, taking in the dramatic scenery of the gorge. Enjoy a sausage sizzle in the sunshine at Hindon, and take the train back to Dunedin Station.
Not only is this event unique and the only time you can walk the train line but all proceeds will be donated to Presbyterian Support Otago's group progammes for children, parents and grandparents.
Event "need to knows":
- $65 per person (normally $115 save $50). Includes retrurn train, walk and sausage.
- To make a booking, please phone Dunedin Railways on 03 477 4449 or email email@example.com
- The buffet car/shop will be open 'yay coffee'.
- Essential equipment; please bring your own suitable walking shoes, all-weather clothing, a good torch, water and snacks (byo food if you have dietary requirements).
- Not suitable for children under 12.
- Includes sausage sizzle barbecue at Hindon (byo food if you have dietary requirements).
- Limited tickets available first in first served. Dunedin Rail have emphasised that they can't add carriages due to off season maintenance.
- Train departs at 8.30am returns approximately 3pm
- Train will be stopping at Wingatui for pick up and drop offs if needed
- Let Dunedin Railways know if you are part of a group and they will do their best to seat you together.
This event has been made possible through the generosity of the Lions Club of Dunedin South and Dunedin Railways. Presbyterian Support Otago is very grateful for the Club's support in hosting this wonderful event for the benefit of people in Otago.