After 10 years at Pegasus the Tri Festival is on the move to a new home at Lake Rua. Get ready for an awesome fresh water swim, a flat and fast bike and finish with a scenic trail run on a spectator friendly course.
From its inception in 2010 the Triathlon Festival has set a new standard for multisport events in Canterbury. With a wide variety of events from which to choose there is something for everyone from the first time runner to the professional athlete.
If you have ever had the desire to give a triathlon a go the festival atmosphere and safe environment at Lake Rua make it an ideal starting point.
The festival comprises:
- The Classic Sprint Tri – A non drafting short course tri with an Aquabike (swim/bike) option for non runners.
- Team Challenge – great for corporate, social or families with a swim/bike/run or run/bike/run option.
- Try a Tri or Duathlon– targeted at first timers and novice athletes.
- Terra Firma – a Duathlon for the non swimmers (run/bike/run).
- Junior Tri & Duathlon A shorter race for 10-15 year olds.
- Kids Mini Tri - 5-9 year olds can enjoy this wade, bike, run around the lake.