Rose offers Pilates classes for the healthy person who wishes to experience a positive, exercise-based way to balance mind and body. Improve your flexibility, posture, muscle strength and balance. Own mat required.
Tutor: Rosemary Woodman
Term 3: 22 July, 10 Weeks
Term 4: 14 October, 9 Weeks
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre. Our Term 3 and 4 programme runs from July to September 2019 and is now online, with flyers available now from Parnell Community Centre, central Auckland libraries and other local outlets.
Learn a language:
Start as a beginner or join us to improve your grammar and conversation! We offer multi-level language classes in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
English for new Kiwis:
Beginners will quickly improve their English skills with our intensive daytime classes. Night classes help English in the workplace and intermediate level fluency and pronunciation. New Zealand residents’ fees are subsidised.
Stay in great shape:
Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi are among the most popular classes held at Parnell Community Centre. Look out for our new Dancing Qigong classes on Wednesday nights. For an active workout to great music, join The Art of Dance with Merenia.
Discover a hidden talent as you learn or build on your skills from our drawing, flower arranging, calligraphy, knitting and illustrating classes. Look out for our new canvas painting and flax weaving classes.
Be sociable and join in activities at Parnell Community Centre:
Join in one of our fun social groups. One $10 annual fee covers your membership for all social activities, then pay a small fee ($3–$8) per session, which includes tea, coffee and biscuits.
Play Bridge: New members and players of all levels are always welcome to join two professionally managed Bridge groups at the Centre. Partners for players can be arranged if needed.
- Parnell St Johns Bridge Club plays on Monday nights from 7:30 to 10pm, offering a friendly game with exposure to competition bridge
- Parnell Community Centre’s Bridge Group plays on Friday afternoons from 1 to 4pm and has more than 90 members.
Play Scrabble: Tuesdays from 1:30 to 3:30pm. We’re looking for more Scrabble fans! Test your word power and improve your game over afternoon tea.
For further details about our community classes and activities, see our website or contact Aya on 09 555 5164. Most classes and activities are held in the Parnell Community Centre (Jubilee Building) at 545 Parnell Road. You’ll find details of all our classes here on Eventfinda and on Parnell website.
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
- Enrol online; or
- Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email or post it to us; or
- Come to the Parnell Community Centre office in the Jubilee Building, opposite the Parnell Library at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, EFTPOS and cheque payments accepted).
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments).
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) with a Gold Card or people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included, unless otherwise stated.
- A $2.50 transaction fee will be added to Credit Card payments.