You’ll learn to use and oversee financial information and processes – both of which are critical elements of holding an organisation to account on behalf of stakeholders. The content is focused on practical application and exercises to ensure relevance.
(Pictured: Zoe Griffiths, Ministry of Education; Anthony Little, Ngati Tama Ki Te Waipounamu Trust and Joanie Wilson, Ngati Koata Trust.)
- The Financial Reporting Act 2013 and its implications for directors
- Accounting terms and principles for directors and key finance terminology
- Directors’ external reporting obligations and solvency requirements
- Financial analysis tools for interpreting performance
- Assessing initiatives and opportunities to build organisational value
- Recognising ‘red flags’