Creative Bay of Plenty's purpose is to assist to create an environment where arts and culture thrive.
Some of the ways we do this are...
- Managing the Creative Communities Scheme of funding for arts and culture activities for Tauranga and Western Bay of Plenty
- Facilitating and linking art focused groups and individuals
- Providing mentoring for visual artists and a Community Gallery for exhibitions
- Promoting art and culture activities and events to the community
- Advocating on behalf of the sector to local and central government
We aim to be the ‘go-to’ organisation for anything to do with arts and culture – advice, information and advocacy and for the arts and culture sector to achieve their own aspirations, leveraging support as needed.