We are a multi-cultural church in Auckland city with a mission to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and to make Him known.
As a Church family, we consider the following to be fundamental to our Christian worship: the empty cross symbolising Christ's resurrection from death on the cross; the open Bible recognising the Inspired Word of God open for our daily instruction; and the pulpit affirming that the preaching of God's Word is central to our Presbyterian tradition of worship.
Historically, we are the oldest Presbyterian congregation in Auckland. We date our beginnings from 4th May 1847. Construction of the Church building commenced in December of that year. The Church finally opened for public worship on 7th April 1850 and we have been worshipping here every Sunday since then.
St. Andrew's comprises English and Indonesian speaking components with separate language services available for each group. We come from all over the greater Auckland area because we find a special ministry here in this place along with a warm and caring fellowship.