A unique and amazing 58 hectare garden experience offers a different way of looking at plant collections.
Enjoy the living Persian carpet in the Indian Char Bagh garden, the tranquility of the Japanese and Chinese gardens, the romantic English garden, artful American Modernist garden and the grand Italian renaissance garden.
The unique theme of Hamilton Gardens is 'the story of gardens' which is explored through a series of five garden collections.
• The Paradise Garden Collection featuring gardens representing some of the most significant garden design traditions.
• The Productive Garden Collection representing different aspects of the relationship between people and plants.
• The Fantasy Garden Collection representing different forms of garden fantasy.
• The Cultivar Garden Collection featuring the story of plants selected and bred for the garden.
• The Landscape Garden Collection with areas representing the different historic interpretations of an idealised landscape.
The gardens are a special place to visit at any time of the year. There are nearly 2000 events held within Hamilton Gardens each year.
Hamilton Gardens are home to a range of public art works, including a Waharoa (carved gateway). Artists represented include Diggeress Te Kanawa and Chris Booth.