The Thames Club, formed by the Rev. Alex Thompson in 1904, was known as the Thames Young Men's Club until it was incorporated in 1907 as the Thames Club.
The building was built for Rev. Vicesimus Lush and his family in 1872, financed from proceeds from his gold mining shares in the Caledonian mine in Thames.
The building was purchased by the Thames Club in 1907 for £360.
The Thames Club has been known in Thames as the "Gentlemen's Club" and the "Whitehouse" over the years.
The building was extensively renovated in 1999 but retains the history and ambience of earlier years with excellent bar and kitchen facilities.
On 1 January 1999 the Thames Club merged with the Thames Women's Club whose members now occupy rooms on the top floor. They have a very active Section which meets mostly during the day. Since then, many other women have joined as Full Members of the Club.
Members enjoy networking, along with a convivial meeting place with friends and family.
The Thames Club is available for hire for social functions, funerals, weddings etc. Visitors and new members are welcome.